One lovely perk working in the fashion industry is the occasional employee incentive. This time the focus was a virtually indestructible business: Cosmetics. Investing in great cosmetics and skin care can really make a difference in your look. I recommend sticking to a few of your favorite brand names when sprucing up your collection – it simplifies the application process as same vendor products tend to work best with one another.
Below is my very first makeup tutorial/collection of strange faced selfies featuring mostly Bobbi Brown cosmetics and a few other great names sprinkled in there too.
1. Start with a freshly washed face: Right now I’m using Clinque Rinse Off Foaming Cleaner.
2. Moisturize: Here I’m using Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream. Best part – this is also a primer!
3. Prep eyes: Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream is also a primer/eye cream. I like to put all over the eye area.
4. Prep face with my newest obsession: Bobbi Brown BB Cream w/ SPF 35 in Light. Squirt a pea size amount onto the Full Coverage Brush. Swirl product into skin all over the face including eye area. I love how this tinted BB Cream evens out my skin tone and provides coverage without making me look like a porcelain doll. The product is lightweight too. Add Bobbi Brown Illuminating Eye Brightener in Bisque to brighten inner corners of the eye.
5. Apply a Bronzer: Here I’m using Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Aruba. I like to put bronzer in concave portions of my face: Under cheek bones, temples, under jaw line. I also like to brush bronzer on my t-zone mimicking a natural tan.
6. Apply Blush to apples of cheeks. Here I’m using a Creme de Blush in Petale de Rose from YSL. I put the product on my ring fingers and dab onto the apples of my cheeks.
7. Applying Eyeshadow: Using the Bobbi Brown Eye Blender Brush and Nude Nectar Eyeshadow Palate, prep the eyes by brushing on the Pale Cream (a nude color) all over lids, then fill in crease with Soft Buff.
8. Create Dimension: Using a tiny liner brush, line the outer base of the lashes with Rich Caviar (also from palate mentioned above). Then start to move the brush up into the crease of the eye creating a dark spot in the corner of the eye into the crease.
9. Fine Line: Wet your liner brush and dip into Rich Caviar again to really line the lashes and create a small wing. Apply Bobbi Brown Smoke Eye Mascara in Black for super full (almost fake looking) lashes.
10. Tame Brows: Brush out brows using Cover Girl Clear Mascara (also great for taming flyaways!).
11. Prep Lips: Prep lips for lipstick application by brushing on remaining BB Cream. This will keep the lipstick on longer and keep it in place.
12. Apply Lipstick: Bobbi Brown Black Plum is dark but sheer lipstick. I’m obsessed with this for two reasons: It gives you a dark lip while feeling like Chapstick.
1. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream – 2. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – 3. Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 in Light – 4. Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush – 5. Bobbi Brown Eye Blender Brush – 6. YSL Creme de Blush in 6 Petale de Rose – 7. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Brozer in Aruba – 8. Bobbi Brown Nude Nectar Eyeshadow Palate – 9. Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in Black Plum – 10. Cover Girl Clear Mascara – 11. Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara – 12. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Eye Brightener