Last weekend my mother-in-law made one of my favorite dishes, stuffed artichokes. Besides the act of stuffing, this recipe is relatively easy. Best part – you can do the prep, freeze and serve later. Impress your guests and follow the steps below.
Pack of 9 artichokes – 1 Egg – 1/2 cup Grated Romano Cheese – Parsley –
Garlic – Italian Bread – Olive Oil – Potatoes
1. Start with a pack of nine artichokes.
2. Prepare artichokes – Cut off top of artichoke, stem and peel outer layers to reveal the tender heart.
3. Run artichoke under water to open up heart and prepare for stuffing.
4. Create stuffing: Mix egg, cheese, and torn Italian bread (about two big slices). Mash until consistency is like a paste.
5. Stuff artichokes – fill each leaf (as best you can) with mixture.
6. Put artichokes into a saucepan with cut up potatoes.
7. Fill saucepan with water, 1/3 cup of olive oil, cut garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
8. As artichokes cook, they will absorb the water. Make sure to fill water once absorbed until cooked. Artichokes are cooked when a fork can easily go through.